1. Go sign in to your Google + account
2. Search for Google Authorship
3. Enter a personalized email address such as email@example.com. Don’t enter a gmail, yahoo, hotmail or any other generic email address. It must be associated with your site. If you don’t have a personalized email then you need to contact your webdesigner/host and get one.
4. Signup for Authorship and verify the email.
5. Make sure that “Written by Your Name” appears on every page of your website and blog. This links directly with your Google + page so make sure you have your profile filled out and a real picture uploaded.
Here is a link to Google’s info page for further reading: http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1408986&expand=option2
If you have any questions please leave them in the comments section below.