Want to rank high on the search engines? This is a MUST! If you have a local business website you need to be listed in the online directories. Cleaners lose business everyday by not being registered with the following list of free local directories. It not only increases your presence on the Internet, but also creates valuable links to your website (SEO) and builds credibility with Google by associating your business info. This is tedious work, but it will pay off. Set aside a couple of hours and do this, IT WORKS!
Tips When Registering:
1. Use the exact same Business Name, Address and Phone Number on all listings that you use for Google Places (copy and paste)
2. Enter all possible information including: categories, services, associations, hours of operation etc.
3. Upload pictures and video if possible. (If you don’t have a video, find a generic one on Youtube.com)
4. IMPORTANT – Make sure to confirm all registrations by phone, email or mail (depending on the directory)
5. Be aware that some of the directories will try to up-sell you on “premium” options. This is not necessary, just go with the free listing.
In Order Of Importance:
1. Google Maps
2. Yahoo! Local
8. Hot Frog
The above list was compiled by using a formula based on the popularity of the Local Search Engine/Directory, its recent increase or decrease of popularity, the significance of the sites it “feeds” and where it get “fed” its information from.